It's obviously a major malfunction.
显然是一次严重故障
- Their President is a crook. - Well, I'm not a crook.
- 他们的总统是一个骗子 - 呃 我不是骗子
Robert Kennedy was shot in that ballroom.
罗伯特·肯尼迪在舞厅被枪杀
Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!
感谢万能的主 我们终于自由了!
A sniper has fired at President Kennedy.
一名刺客向肯尼迪总统开枪
Or have you ever been a member of the Communist party?
或 你是否曾经加入共产党?
a date which will live in infamy.
这耻辱的一天
We bring you the final edition of our Maxwell House Good News of 1939.
现在我们播送一九三九年度最新麦氏咖啡好消息
Good evening, Mr.And Mrs.North America, and all the ships at sea.
晚上好 北美大陆及所有远航中的女士们 先生们
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
我们决不能屈服于恐惧
this is W-9 GFO.
这是W-9GFO
CQ, this is W-9 GFO here. Come back?
CQ 这是W-9GFO 回话?
this is W-9 GFO here.
这是W-9GFO
CQ, this is W-9 GFO. Is anybody out there?
CQ CQ 这是W-9GFO 有人吗?
Not getting anything.
什么都收不到
Small moves, Ellie.
慢慢来 爱莉
CQ, this is W-9 GFO here. Come back?
CQ 这是W-9GFO 回话
Where are you, K-4 WLD? Come back?
你在哪里 K-4WLD?回话
Pensacola, where's Pensacola?
彭萨科拉?彭萨科拉在哪儿?
I'll give you a hint.
我先提示你
Copy that, K-4 WLD. How's the weather down there in Florida?
明白 K-4WLD 佛罗里达的天气好吗?
Pensacola, Florida.
佛罗里达州的彭萨科拉
I have to tell you, Sparks.
我得跟你说 火花儿
That's the farthest yet.
眼下最远的地方
Can we hear all the way to New York?
我们能听到纽约那么远吗?
Can we hear all the way to California?
我们能听到加利福尼亚那么远吗?
I don't see why not.
干吗不能呢?
Can we hear all the way to Alaska?
我们能听到阿拉斯加那么远吗?
On a really clear day.
天气很好就行
Can we hear all the way to China?
我们能听到中国那么远吗?
On a really, really clear day.
那得要一个非常非常好的天气
Could we talk to the moon?
我们能呼叫月亮吗?
If it's a big enough radio, I don't see why not.
如果有一部大电台 干吗不行呢?
Could we talk to Jupiter?
能呼叫木星吗?
Or what's the one after that?
还有 那更外面一个是什么?
I'll give you a hint.
我给你个提示
Saturn! Could we talk to Saturn?
是土星!我们能呼叫土星吗?
Dad, could we talk to Mom?
爸爸 我们能跟妈妈说话吗?
I don't think even the biggest radio could reach that far.
恐怕最大的电台都够不着呢
All right, no more stalling.
好了 别缠着我了
That's a beauty.
噢 爱莉 这可真漂亮!
Now get some sleep.
现在该睡觉了
Do you think there's people on other planets?
你觉得 其他的行星上面有人吗?
I don't know, Sparks.
不知道 火花儿
it seems like an awful waste of space.
好像太浪费地方了
CQ, this is W-9 GFO.
CQ 这是W-9GFO 回话
Repeat. This is W-9 GFO. Come back?
重复 这是W-9GFO 回话?
I'm going to need a bigger antenna.
我需要一个更大的天线
What do you think, Doc Arroway?
你看如何 阿洛维博士
Isn't she a beauty?
很漂亮吧?
The village is five miles away.
村庄离这里五英里
There's a general store in the cantina. They can order anything from San Juan.
酒店里面有家铺子 要什么只管找他们从圣·胡安订购
When can I get dish time?
什么时候分给我天线时间?
- Dr. Clark said you couldn't wait. - Your first shift is tonight.
- 克拉克博士说过你等不得 今晚你开始值班 - 好啊
Try back a little bit. You had something there.
呃 退回去一点 那儿有点什么
- Right there? -You hear it? Right there, that's it.
- 这里吗? -你听见吗? -是 就这儿 就是它
All right, 1221.46. That's well within the L-band.
好 1221.46 完全在L波段呢
It's not in the neighborhood.
不在附近
Here it is. J-1741
啊 这是它了 目标J-1714
Catalogued November 4, 1982. Pulsar.
记录于一九八二年十一月四日 脉冲星
Must've been the glitch in the timing's what threw me.
天晓得 也许是计时器的干扰把我搞糊涂了
Must've been a starquake.
可能是星震吧
I think it's great that you listen. Most don't do that anymore.
你这样很好 多数人都不这么做了
It's just an old habit. It makes it feel more real.
老习惯 你知道 感觉真实些
They said you'd been
人家说你曾经
up at Owen's Valley working under Drumlin.
在欧文谷天文台跟德鲁姆林工作
How'd you like him?
你觉得他这人如何?
That much? About what I'd expect after what he had to say about you.
就这些啊?难怪他跟我讲那些话了
And what was that?
都讲些什么?
That you are brilliant
说你聪明
a major pain in the ass
特别讨人嫌