We were just playing hide-and-seek. Mortimer was hiding.
我们只是在捉迷藏 Mortimer在躲
Go home, do you understand me? Go on!
回家 听到了吗 快走!
But, Dad, Gran said I could invite her round. She's my friend.
可是爸爸 奶奶说我可以请她来家里玩 她是我的朋友
No. We have no friends in this village, June,
不 June 我们在这个村里没有朋友
only people trying to get one over on us.
只有想把我赶尽杀绝的人
I need to work now.
我要工作了
What are you doing here?
你在这里干吗?
I've got something for you.
给你带了个东西
Mate of mine owed me money.
有个朋友欠我钱
It's not fit for human consumption,
这个不能给人吃了
but I wondered if it might be good for you?
但给你应该可以吧?
-Thanks very much! -For the animals, I mean!
-谢谢你啊 -我的意思是给动物们的!
I know. Thank you, Billy.
我知道 谢谢你 Billy
Have you had any tea yet?
你喝茶了吗?
An a fortiori argument is an argument from a stronger...
加强论点指一个更加强烈的论点
Must you read at the table?
你一定要在餐桌上读吗?
What's all that stuff anyway?
你在读什么啊
-I thought you were going to see Neville Kelly. -Well, we did.
-我以为你要找Neville Kelly -我们找过他了
He's a charlatan. I can do better myself.
他根本就是个骗子 还不如我自己来
Albert, I thought you'd picked up your pension this week?
Albert 你这个星期不是领过退休金了吗?
I needed money for books.
我需要钱买书
Look, I'm trying to put together a proper defense
我想写一个有力辩护
and whatever money it takes, it will be a damn sight cheaper than what Kelly's charging.
花再多的钱也比Kelly的收费便宜
Oh, here you go, love.
喝点茶吧 亲爱的
How's work, then, Mew?
工作怎么样 Mew?
Any idea how the case against us is shaping up?
我们的案子有什么进展的消息吗?
George, come on, that's not fair.
George 别这样 这不公平
What do you mean it's not fair? She's on the inside track.
有什么不公平? 她在敌人内部
I can't help you, Dad.
我帮不了你 爸爸
If anyone at the council knew I was a Mottershead, that'd be it for me.
如果有人发现我是Mottershead家的人 我就完了
Well, I'm only asking you to dig around a little bit.
我只是让你稍微留意一下
And it wouldn't kill you to work your sources either, Billy.
Billy你多动用下你的关系也不会死吧
And what's that supposed to mean?!
那是什么意思?!
Come off it, will you?
别装了
The way that you and Frankie were getting on at that benefit, hm?
你和Frankie在那次慈善活动上不是很亲密吗?
I bet she'd tell you anything.
她一定什么都会告诉你的
We can't go asking people to do that sort of thing for us.
我们不能让别人帮我们做这种事
Why not? Do you think they're playing fair in Upton?
为什么不行? 你以为厄普顿的人会公平竞争?
Sabotaging our aviary!
破坏我们的鸟舍!
Unbelievable. I'll be in the study.
真不敢相信 我去书房了
And the men of Israel were numbered 400,000 that drew sword.
40万以色列人拔剑挺身
All these were men of war.
这些都是战士
But he's hungry, Gran!
可是他饿了 奶奶!
I'm sorry my dad shouted at you.
那天我爸爸对你大吼大叫 真对不起
He's not himself, or so Gran says.
我奶奶说他最近都怪怪的
My mum says he's finally showing his true colours.
我妈说他终于露出真面目了
-Tell him to let go! -Why?
-快叫他放手! -为什么?
If he stays with you, he won't even have a roof over his head!
如果他跟着你 就会连住的地方都没有
-She did. -It was June.
-是她 -是June
They're liars. It wasn't me, Gran.
他们说谎 不是我 奶奶!
Mrs Mottershead, if June can't control herself,
Mottershead太太 如果June不学会控制她自己
it might be best if you leave her at home next Sunday.
下个周日最好把她留在家里
Things are only likely to get worse.
事情只会更糟糕
The Israelites casting out the Benjamites, you mean.
就像以色列人把便雅悯人赶走一样
Your sermon. Judges 20.
你的布道 士师记20
Seemed a bit pointed, if you don't mind me saying.
是针对我们的吧 如果你不介意我这么说的话
If you don't like my ministry, Mrs Mottershead,
Mottershead太太 如果你不喜欢我的布道
might I suggest you get on a bus and go to Chester?
那我建议你直接坐上巴士去Chester
Everyone in Upton hates us, don't they?
厄普顿每个人都讨厌我们 是不是?
That's what Dad says.
爸爸是这么说的
I just... I need to get this opening statement right.
我在... 我现在必须把开庭陈述写好
I just thought you might like to know
我想应该让你知道
our daughter got into a fight after church.
礼拜结束后我们的女儿跟别的孩子打起来了
Reverend Webb broke it up.
是Webb牧师阻止了他们
I bet he loved that.
他一定很幸灾乐祸吧
I'm taking her out of school until this whole thing is decided.
这件事情结束之前 我决定不让她上学
-It's only one fight. -You know, there was a time
-孩子打闹而已 -你知道吗 曾经某个时候
when there was nothing more important to you than our family!
我们的家庭对你来说比什么都重要!
-Who do you think I am doing this for?! -I don't know!
-你觉得我这么做是为了谁! -我不知道!
I hardly recognise you any more!
我已经不知道你是谁了!
It's what they all want, you know?
这正是他们想要的
For us to turn on each other.
让我们起内讧
Can I help you, Mrs Mottershead?
我能帮你吗 Mottershead太太?
This... is all our correspondence with the council.
这是我们和政务会所有的往来信函
It would be a good case for you.
这对你来说是个好案子
A lot of exposure too, what with the Ministry of Health presiding.
听证是卫生部主持 会给你带来很多曝光度
I thought your husband...
我以为你丈夫...
I'm worried what he's willing to do to win.
我担心他会为了嬴这个案子不择手段
He's desperate, and I think they'll take advantage of that.
他太心急了 他们会利用这一点
Well, you haven't given me much time to prepare.
你没有给我很多时间准备
That would need to be reflected in the fee.
这会在价钱上再加一笔
-I was thinking about that on the bus ride here... -Good.
-我在来的路上已经想好了... -那就好
and I came to the conclusion we shouldn't pay you.
我决定我们不应该付你钱