We need to take a trip to London.
们得去趟伦敦
May I introduce George Mottershead?
来介绍 这位是George Mottershead
I wonder if I could momentarily pick your brains there, Minister?
部长大人 可否打扰您一会儿
I'm here to tell you the truth about our zoo.
要告诉你们我们动物园真实的一面
This petition, whose idea was it?
个请愿书是谁的主意?
You're really willing to lie about my family?
真的要这样散播关于我们家的谣言?
If that's what it takes.
果有这个必要的话
You read the petition, you know what they think of us! Are you an idiot?
看了请愿书 你知道他们是怎么看我们的 你犯傻吗?
No guarantee, but I'll look into the matter.
不能保证 但我会跟进这件事
Mottershead has to be seen as... as a menace.
Mottersheasd被众人当成了一个威胁
If they want a public hearing, then we'll just give them one.
果他们想要的是公开听证会 那我们就奉陪
Destroy the man, and we'll destroy the zoo.
毁了他就等于毁了动物园
'There's no such thing as a quiet day at Oakfield.
'奥克菲尔德从来没有过宁静的一天'
'In the past week alone Sidney, our camel, has eaten the washing line,
'仅仅是上星期 骆驼Sidney就吃了一整条晾衣绳'
'and Pelly the pelican got stuck up a tree
'鹈鹕Pelly卡在了树上'
'and had to be rescued by Grandad.
'是爷爷把它救下来的'
'Everything was almost back to normal...
'一切好像都恢复了正常…'
'and then the birds flew away.'
'然后有几只鸟飞走了’
What are you doing out?
你怎么在外面?
They won't get away with this.
不能就这样放过他们
He's half an hour late.
已经迟到半小时了
We're here now. Let's just hear him out.
我们既然来了 就听他说吧
He comes highly recommended.
他的口碑很好
Mr and Mrs Mottershead, sorry.
Mottershead先生和Mottershead太太 太抱歉了
Got caught up with a client.
被客户耽误到现在
Busy, Mr Kelly?
Kelly先生 很忙吗?
But you have my undivided attention now, I can assure you.
我保证 从现在开始我百分之百专心听你们说
-How can I help? -We're looking for representation.
-我能怎么帮你们? -我们在寻找律师代理
We have a planning appeal for a zoo,
准为我们的动物园提出申诉
scheduled in front of the Ministry of Health and the entire village of Upton.
听证会要面对卫生部门和厄普顿全村的居民
The court of public opinion can be tricky.
公众听证比较难办
It's not about facts and figures, it's about emotion... trust.
无关于事实和数据 而是情感和信任
Added to which, the council have got very deep pockets.
而且政务会不差钱
They'll throw experts at a case like this, groom witnesses.
们会叫上几个专家参与听证 买通证人
Look, why don't I write down my fee on this piece of paper and we can negotiate from there?
样吧 我把价钱写在这张纸上后我们再谈?
You don't even know the terms, how can you put a price on it?
你连具体条款都不知道 怎么要价?
You get a feel for these things.
这种事凭感觉就知道了
Aye, for pound notes, you mean!
你感觉的是钞票吧!
No doubt that'd be me on the end of that phone when you got my money.
一旦你拿到钱 电话那头的人就会是我吧
Are you even qualified in the law, Mr Kelly?
Kelly先生 你有资格做律师吗?
I've got a certificate on the wall
我墙上挂的律师执照
and a waiting room full of clients to prove it.
候客室一整屋的客户足以证明我的资格
Is there a problem here?
有问题吗?
No, no, I just think I can make a better fist of things myself.
没有 我只是觉得还不如我自己来
At least I'll have the advantage of knowing what the hell I'm talking about.
至少我知道我在说什么
-I've had enough of this! -George, hold on!
-我受够了 -George 等等!
You know, there's many a fella who thinks he can argue his own case,
你知道 很多人都以为可以为自己出庭辩护
so here's a bit of advice for free--
给你个免费的建议
a temper like his is hardly built for a courtroom.
他这样的脾气根本不适合法庭
Leave that bird alone, you'll be late.
别管那只鸟了 你要迟到了
But he's still not eating.
但他还是不吃东西
Maybe I should take him to school with me,
或许我应该带他去学校
make sure he's all right.
好好照顾他
I don't want him anywhere near Upton, June.
June 我不放心让他靠近厄普顿
None of the people in that village can be trusted.
这个村子里谁都不能信任
Oh, don't be so dramatic, Albert.
别那么夸张 Albert
Well, one of them cut the nets, didn't they?
笼子就是他们其中一个人破坏的
Those lovebirds are tiny. They won't last five minutes in the wild.
那些鹦鹉那么小 他们在野外根本活不了5分钟
You kept them well fed. They've got a fighting chance.
你把他们喂得那么好 他们会没事的
I tell you what, why don't you invite a friend home for tea tomorrow?
这样吧 何不邀请一个朋友来家里喝茶? 就明天
-Ladies, this is our newest girl, Muriel... -Atkinson.
-姑娘们 这位是新来的Muriel... -Atkinson
Miss Atkinson, this is Gail and Harriet.
Atkinson小姐 这是Gail和Harriet
They'll make you feel right at home, I'm sure.
她们会照顾好你的
I'm on the third floor, so come by later if you want to have lunch.
我在三楼 等会想一起吃午饭就来找我
She's a legend round here.
她是这里的传奇人物
You're allowed to call her that?
你能对她直呼其名?
So, how many words a minute are you?
你一分钟多少字?
That's... pretty good.
不错嘛
Harriet holds the record--87 words a minute.
Harriet保持着一分钟87个字的记录
Oh, we're not really supposed to decorate our desks.
不可以在办公桌上放摆设
I don't need some second-rate solicitor arguing for me.
我可不需要那种二流律师为我辩护
He didn't even sound like a lawyer.
他说话的样子根本不像律师
I never had you down as a snob.
我还没看出来你这么自以为是
Look, Tipping's here.
看 Tipping在那
What are they doing?
他们在干嘛?
Getting organised.
把人组织起来了
Mother, you're the Ministry.
妈妈 你假装是卫生部门的人
Dad... Chester Council.
爸爸 你扮Chester政务会的人
Lizzie, I need you to be Upton.
Lizzie 你是厄普顿的群众
Right, I'll be me, obviously.
好 我演我自己
Now, I want us to imagine what they're likely to throw at us,
在我要你们想象他们会对我们提的问题
so be as hostile as you like.
你们态度想多恶劣都可以
why don't you start us off?
开始吧
Ask me a question, anything you like.
我个问题 随便什么都行
Do you not think a zoo would detract from the value of the property in Upton Village?
动物园不会让厄普顿的房产贬值吗?
Short and to the point.
简单明确
But it'll hardly add to the value, will it?
但也不会增值 对吧?
I mean, if the house were a stately home or something that...
我的意思是 如果这个房子是个庄严的住宅之类的...