All right, let's chop and load.
好了 开始切块装车吧
Good evening, Officer.
晚上好 警官
Y'all need my license or anything, huh?
你们要看我的驾照吗
No, that's not necessary.
不 没必要
That's a sharp-looking truck you got.
你的卡车看起来很炫酷
Yes, sir. Thank you.
是的 先生 谢谢您
Those rims look like they cost you a pretty penny.
轮毂看起来要不少钱
Who you been working for?
你的老板是谁
Oh, no, sir. I don't work for nobody.
不 先生 我不为别人工作
Got my own pulping business.
我有自己的制浆生意
You know, I clear out all these trees around here.
我把这附近的树都清理干净了
So, you ain't got no boss to check in with, huh?
所以 你不用向老板报告 是吗
That must be pretty nice.
那一定很不错
Free to run up and down the road,
可以在路上跑来跑去
wherever you want to, whenever you want to,
无论你什么时候想去哪里
in this fancy truck.
开着这辆豪华卡车都可以去
Hey, well, not if my wife got something to say about it.
如果我妻子不同意也不行
I heard that ain't stopped you before, though.
但我听说之前她也没能阻拦你
Ain't that right, Johnny D.?
对吧 约翰尼·D
You want to make a break for it? Hmm?
你想休息一下吗
No, sir, I don't wanna do nothing...
不 先生 我不想做任何事
'Cause after what you done,
因为在你休息完之后
I'm looking for any excuse to get this over with
就没有任何借口逃脱这一切
right here, right now.
就在这里 就现在
Sir, I ain't did nothing,
先生 我什么都没做
and I think y'all got the wrong person here.
我觉得你们找错人了
Y'all got me confused
你们把我
with somebody. And I think...
和某个人搞混了 我想
I ain't got you confused with nobody.
我没把你和任何人搞混
I don't have a thing to do with this.
我跟这事没关系
Sir, you got me confused with somebody.
先生 你把我和某人搞混了
I ain't did nothing wrong.
我没做错什么
We all know Monroeville
我们都知道蒙罗维尔
as the peaceful town
是个宁静的小镇
where Harper Lee wrote
哈珀·李在此写下了
To Kill a Mockingbird.
《杀死一只知更鸟》
Last year, that peace was shattered by a brutal crime.
去年 一场残酷的犯罪打破了宁静
On the 1st of November,
在11月1日
18-year-old Ronda Morrison
18岁的隆达·莫里森
was found dead at Jackson Cleaners.
被发现死于杰克逊洗衣店
Morrison had been strangled and shot
莫里森被勒住并枪击
by Walter McMillian,
凶手是沃尔特·麦克米利安
known locally as Johnny D.
当地人称约翰尼·D
McMillian was convicted by a jury
麦克米利安被陪审团定罪
who recommended a life sentence.
被判无期徒刑
Judge Robert E. Lee Key
法官罗伯特·E·李·基
overrode their decision
推翻了陪审团的决定
and sentenced McMillian to death.
判处麦克米利安死刑
We promised the community
我们向社区保证过
that we would find him, and we did.
我们会找到他 我们找到了
You commit a crime like this in my town,
你在我镇上犯了这样的罪
one way or another, you're gonna pay for it.
不管怎样 你都要付出代价
As McMillian awaits execution
如今麦克米利安在等待处决
at Holman Correctional Facility,
被关押在霍尔曼惩教所
a grieving community can take some solace
悲伤的社会在知道这些后
in knowing that, today,
可以得到些许安慰
justice has finally been served.
正义终于得到了伸张
Hi, Mr. Davis. I'm Bryan.
你好戴维斯先生 我是布赖恩
The Southern Prisoners Defense Committee,
南方囚犯辩护委员会
they sent me here to tell you that,
他们派我来告诉你
that they don't have a lawyer for you yet,
他们还没为你找到律师
but they hope to soon.
但他们希望能尽快找到
You're not a lawyer?
你不是律师吗
No. I'm still in school.
不 我还在上学
Just interning here for the summer.
只是夏天在这里实习
So, you can't tell me nothing about my case?
所以关于我的案子你没什么能说的吗
I mean, I was supposed to tell you
我本该告诉你
that you're not at risk of execution
你在明年之前
any time within the next year.
都没有被处决的危险
Can you say that again?
你能再说一遍吗
That you're not at risk of execution any time
你明年前的任何时候
within the next year?
都不会有被处决的危险
That's the best news I've heard in a long time.
这是我很久以来听到的最好的消息
I didn't want my wife or kids
如果我马上就要被处决
showing up if I had an execution date coming.
我不想让我的妻子或孩子看到我
Now they can come visit.
现在他们可以来了
My mom made me join our church choir
我妈妈逼我加入我们教堂的唱诗班
when I was, like, four.
我那时大概四岁
I sang lead baritone all through high school.
我高中一直唱男中音
I played piano at my church growing up.
我从小在教堂弹钢琴
A couple AME Choir boys hanging on death row.
两个AME唱诗班的男孩在死囚区聊天
My mom would go trip.
我妈妈知道会疯的
Man, that's crazy.
伙计 太疯狂了
What school are you going to?
你在哪所学校
Seriously? You're going to Harvard?
真的吗 你要去哈佛吗
That's white-boy status, bro.
那是白人男孩的世界 兄弟
What the hell are you doing slumming it up in here for?
你来这贫民窟干什么
I'm in law school because I just wanted to help people.
我上法学院是因为我只是想帮助别人