How was my speech?
我的演讲怎么样
- Did I lisp? - You don't lisp.
-我有没有口齿不清 -你没有
I know. That was what was so troubling about it.
我知道 这就是我最困扰的
- The thought that I suddenly did. - No.
-就怕我突然口齿不清 -不
Sarah, you must say hello to the little ones.
萨拉 跟这些小家伙打个招呼
No. It is macabre.
不 太可怕了
I love you, but that I will not do.
我爱你 但我不愿意这么做
- If you love me... - Love has limits.
-如果你爱我 -爱是有限度的
You do not lisp, but you are mad.
你没有口齿不清 但你这是疯了
Giving me a palace?
要给我一座宫殿
I've been wanting to give you something for quite some time now.
我早就想给你些什么东西了
Seemed like the perfect opportunity with Marlborough winning.
这次马尔伯勒的胜利好像就是个完美的时机
It is a monstrous extravagance, Mrs. Morley. We are at war.
这真是太奢侈了 莫利夫人 我们正处于交战中
It is not over. We must continue.
还没有结束 我们必须继续
Oh, I did not know that.
这我倒是不知道
Take a hunk of bread.
吃块面包吧
And then Sally will take you to clean up and then to Her Ladyship.
然后萨莉会带你去梳洗一下见夫人
They shit in the streets round here.
路边都是马匹的粪便
"Political commentary," They call it.
他们都管那叫"政治时评"
I didn't know the new sewer ended in here.
我不知道新来的裁缝会到这儿来
It is I, Abigail.
是我 阿比盖尔
I have a letter from our aunt...
我收到了姨妈的一封信
I'm sorry, I did not mean to present as a...
很抱歉 我不是故意这样...
I fell out of a carriage.
我从马车上摔下去了
And a man was pulling his...
还有一个人在摆弄他的...
The letter from our aunt.
我们姨妈的信
Friends of yours?
这是你的朋友吗
Your name, girl. If we are blood, name it.
你叫什么 姑娘 如果我们是亲戚 名字
I did not? Abigail Hill.
我没说吗 阿比盖尔·希尔
The Somerset Hills?
萨默塞特的希尔家
The one who went mad and burnt his own house down, himself in it?
就是那个突然疯了然后把自家房子烧了自焚的家伙
Lost all his money at whist.
打惠特牌把钱输光了
No one bets on whist.
谁会用惠特牌赌钱
My uncle was one of a kind.
我的姨夫可是个奇人
I apologize for my appearance.
抱歉我这样贸然出现
The staff led me here. A harmless prank of some sort, I suspect.
是仆人带我来的 我想可能是善意的恶作剧吧
I hoped I might be employed here by you...
我希望你这里能雇我...
A monster for the children to play with, perhaps?
也许能当陪小孩子玩耍的怪兽吧
Yes, if you like.
好啊 如果你想的话
You seem angry at my good fortune
你好像对我的财富颇有微词
and I thought we were friends.
我以为我们是朋友呢
I really doubt you've made that mistake.
真不敢相信你竟然这么想
I was actually just teasing. I thought you'd see that.
我是在开玩笑的 我以为你看得出来
It will not stand.
这地方长久不了
Well, it will if I build it using the finest craftsmen in the land.
如果我找最好的工匠来修葺就能长久
I hope it will stand for 100 years
我希望这能作为我丈夫
as a symbol of my husband's gallant victory.
胜仗的标志而流传百年
Listen, I applaud your husband's gallant victory,
听着 我也为你丈夫的大胜而高兴
but considering the parlous state of the treasury,
但是这座城堡的花销也太大了
it seems something the queen
女王似乎应该
should've taken advice from her loyal opposition on.
考虑一下皇室的反对者将作何文章
Oh, but then it would've lost its delightful surprise element.
那这样哪里来的惊喜呢
Horatio has done it again.
霍雷肖又胜利了
Prime Minister, we need to discuss who will go to the French
首相 我们需要讨论一下派谁去法国
with the peace treaty proposal.
签订和平条约提案
We do not need a peace treaty proposal.
我们不需要和平条约提案
We have them on the run.
我们现在正乘胜追击
So they will give in to us.
那他们会乖乖屈服于我们了
One battle will not win the war.
一场战斗的胜利不代表战争的胜利
I have held my party together, as we the country landowners
我们党派这些地主自掏腰包
have essentially paid for this entire war...
出资补贴军费
And grateful we are, too.
我们也都很感激
...while city merchants enrich themselves from it.
而城中的商人们却从中牟利
And yet I do not see your fat tweedy dead
但是战场上战死的男儿中
when I look out upon the battlefield.
可是没有你的肥臀在列
We're out of money. My point.
我的意思就是 我们没有钱了
The French are chastened, but not defeated, Harley.
法国遭到重创 但尚未溃败 哈利
We must destroy them.
我们必须摧毁他们
Make them sue for peace with broken hearts and begging backs.
让他们哭喊着求我们讲和
- How sweet your wife is, Marlborough. - Sweet and right.
-你的妻子可真温柔 马尔伯勒 -温柔且正确
I cannot agree. We must take it to the queen.
我不同意 我们必须由女王定夺
If you'd be kind enough to arrange a time, Lady Marlborough.
请你帮忙安排觐见 马尔伯勒夫人
I'm ready for the Russian ambassador.
我准备好见俄国大使了
Who did your makeup?
谁给你化的妆
We went for something dramatic. Do you like it?
我们化得夸张了点 你觉得怎么样
You look like a badger.
你看上去像一只獾
Are you going to cry? Really?
你要哭了吗 真的吗
Well, what do you think you look like?
你觉得你自己看上去像什么
Do you really think you can
你觉得你可以
meet the Russian delegation looking like that?
这样去见俄罗斯代表团吗