[vehicle passing on highway]
车辆通过高速公路
Everyone get close to everyone so you can touch someone.
每个人都接近每一个人,这样你就能接触到别人。
This is very serious. It's more serious than you can imagine.
这是非常严重的,比你想象的要严重得多。
Father, we thank you for...
父亲,我们感谢你……
just being our God, and for all that you do.
做我们的上帝,做你所做的一切。
We thank you for this day, and...
我们感谢你的这一天,并且……
we thank you for the chill in this air, Father.
我们感谢你在这空气中的寒冷,父亲。
Because we thank you for the sunshine,
因为我们感谢你的阳光,
because you create the chill and you create the sunshine.
因为你创造了寒冷,你创造了阳光。
And you know these are tough times, Father.
你知道这是艰难的时刻,父亲。
We're asking this morning for your guidance.
今天上午我们要求你的指导。
-[man] Amen. -[soft murmurs] Amen.
-阿门。-温柔的低语,阿门。
We stand here today, uh, with a plant that's closing,
我们今天站在这里,嗯,有一个正在关闭的工厂,
with a-- a deep, rich history,
有着深厚而丰富的历史,
and, uh, it's sad for me and, I'm sure, everybody else in there to see it go,
对我来说,这是很悲哀的,我敢肯定,其他所有人都看到了,
but I will say this:
但是我要说的是
I'm extremely proud of the people that work in this plant here.
我对在这里工作的人感到非常自豪。
There's none better.
没有比这更好的了。
They know how to get the job done.
他们知道如何完成这项工作。
[machine squeaking]
机器吱吱声
[man singing in Chinese]
男人用中文唱歌
-[in Chinese] How old are these houses? -Two hundred years?
-在中国,这些房子有多大?-二百年?
No way! America was founded only 200 years ago.
不可能!美国是在200年前才成立的。
-[woman] Oh. -[chuckling]
-女人哦。-咯咯笑
-Then at least several decades. -Yeah, maybe.
-然后至少几十年。-是的,也许。
-[man] Cold? -[woman] Yeah.
-男人冷?-女人是的。
-[both laugh] -[woman] But this is really beautiful.
-都笑-女人,但这真的很美。
[man] Yeah, gorgeous.
是的,很漂亮。
See, America's airspace is really busy.
看,美国的领空真的很忙。
-And there. -[woman] Mmm.
-在那里。-女人嗯。
[man in English] When you take a look at an automobile,
当你看一辆汽车的时候,
you see glass all around it.
你可以看到周围的玻璃。
That's what we do.
这就是我们要做的。
We have about 70% of the market.
我们有大约70%的市场。
Okay? Which is pretty extensive.
明白吗?这是相当广泛的。
We have facilities around the world,
我们在世界各地都有设施,
throughout China, United States now, with our plant here.
在整个中国,现在的美国,我们的工厂在这里。
What we're doing is we're melding two cultures together:
我们所做的是将两种文化融合在一起:
the Chinese culture and the US culture.
中国文化和美国文化。
So we are truly a global organization.
所以我们是一个真正的全球性组织。
So, we do have three different shifts right now that we are working with.
所以,我们现在有三种不同的转变。
A first, second, and a third. Pretty traditional.
第一,第二,第三,非常传统。
You'll also have a 30-minute unpaid lunch.
你还会有30分钟的无薪午餐。
Plus, there's two 15-minute paid breaks.
另外,还有两个15分钟的休息时间。
Plenty of opportunities, ladies and gentlemen.
女士们,先生们,有很多机会。
Plenty of opportunities.
很多机会。
[man 2] Is this a union shop?
这是一家工会商店吗?
[man 1] We are not.
我们不是。
It is our desire to not be.
这是我们不愿做的愿望。
But we recognize that, one, we need to do things right by employees.
但我们认识到,首先,我们需要员工做正确的事情。
Okay? We recognize that.
明白吗?我们意识到这一点。
-I have, actually, 28 years experience. -Very good.
-实际上,我有28年的经验。-非常好。
Payroll, human resources, operations, things like that.
工资,人力资源,运营,诸如此类。
I have a master's
我有一个硕士学位
-in mechanical engineering too, so... -Okay, good. Super.
-在机械工程中,所以。-好的,很好。
-Sounds like you got a lot of good skills. -Well, I-- Actually, I've worked
-听起来你有很多很好的技能。-嗯,实际上,我工作过
-in all kinds of different levels of... -Yeah? Okay, good.
-在各种不同的层次。-是吗?好的,很好。
What we'll do is we'll take a look at your résumé. All right?
我们要做的是看一下你的rsumsuma,好吗?
[audience cheering, applauding]
观众欢呼,鼓掌
[man] Where you sit today used to be a General Motors plant.
你今天坐的那个人曾经是通用汽车的工厂。
This plant closed,
这个工厂关闭了,
leaving 2,000 families unemployed.
让2,000个家庭失业。
And now, there are over 1,000 employees working here,
现在,这里有超过1,000名员工,
with still more to be hired.
还有更多的工作要做。
[cheers and applause]
欢呼和掌声
It was a little over two years ago that this facility was a very dark
两年多以前,这个设施是非常黑暗的
and very stark reminder of the greatest economic downturn
这是最严重的经济衰退
in American history since the Great Depression.
自大萧条以来的美国历史。
And with that, you understand the-- the personal impact that that has,
有了这些,你就会明白,个人的影响,
individually and for the families of all those involved.
个人和所有相关的家庭。
[man 2] It's been a very fast process from the very beginning.
从一开始,这是一个非常快速的过程。
When I hired in, there was nothing in the plant.
当我雇佣的时候,工厂里什么也没有。
And since that time, you can see, in the last six months,
从那以后,你可以看到,在过去的六个月里,
the amount of people and equipment that have come in.
已经进入的人员和设备的数量。
And it's, uh, exciting.
这是令人兴奋的。
The commitment everybody's put in, hard work.
每个人的承诺,努力工作。
Uh, we're looking forward to starting production.
呃,我们期待着开始生产。
[indistinct chatter]
模糊交谈
[man in Chinese] Since you've arrived in America,
自从你来到美国后,中国人就开始了,
I believe you've found many things different
我相信你已经发现了很多不同的东西
from life in China.
来自中国的生活。
We need to get to know Americans.
我们需要了解美国人。
America is a place to let your personality run free.
美国是一个让你的人格自由发挥作用的地方。
As long as you're not doing anything illegal,
只要你不做违法的事,
you're free to follow your heart.
你可以随心所欲地跟随自己的内心。
You can even joke about the president.
你甚至可以拿总统开玩笑。
Nobody will do anything to you.
没有人会对你做任何事。
Americans' cars are big and huge, very comfortable.
美国人的汽车又大又大,非常舒适。
This represents the American sense of casualness.
这代表了美国人的漫不经心。
They don't place a heavy importance on outfits and attire.
他们不重视服装和服装。
If you travel in Europe in the summertime,
如果你在夏天去欧洲旅行,