Oakfield was empty before.
奥克菲尔德以前是空置
There were no rates were being paid, so I'm doing the council a favour.
之前没人为它上交任何税费 我现在算是帮政府的忙了
Oh, so we are to be grateful to you and your family
这么说我们应该感谢你和你家人
for causing an uproar in a once peaceful village?
把这个宁静村子弄的鸡犬不宁?
Mother, the Ministry won't be saying stuff like that, will they?
妈 卫生部门的人不会这么说的吧?
They'll be listening.
他们只是旁听
Excuse me, Mr Mottershead,
抱歉 Mottershead先生
I'm in charge of these proceedings, not you.
是我在主持听证 不是你
Answer the question, please.
请回答问题
Yes, you should be grateful for what my family is building.
没错 你们应该感谢我们家的这番事业
This will put Upton on the map.
厄普顿会因此名声大振
So it will be a magnet, attracting the worst in society?
然后吸引来那些社会上最糟糕的人?
Day trippers from the city.
城里来的游客
Now, who are these day trippers that people keep going on about?
这些所谓的游客到底是谁?
No, it'll be normal folk who want to experience what my zoo can offer!
我们只会吸引想体验我的动物园的普通人
Busloads of them?
一车一车的人?
We can but dream.
这是我们的梦想
Do you find this amusing, Mr Mottershead,
Mottershead先生 你觉得这很好笑吗
putting these good people through such an ordeal?
这样折磨这些善良的居民?
Well, then, it's their fault for being narrow-minded bigots.
那是他们自己的错 谁让他们都是些没远见的固执狂
You can't say things like that, son.
儿子 你不能说这样的话
The kind of person who vandalises that aviary--
破坏鸟笼的那些人
you think they're thinking rationally?!
你觉得他们能冷静思考?!
They're frightened of this zoo, they're frightened of progress,
他们害怕这个动物园 害怕进步
they're frightened of change!
害怕改变!
Now, you can't put a hold on the future.
你不能阻止未来
You heard what Neville Kelly said, the court of public opinion...
你记得Neville Kelly说的吗 公开听证...
The people of Upton, they're never going to accept us, so forget them.
厄普顿的居民是不会接受我们的 所以别管他们了
It's the Ministry we've got to convince.
我们要说服的是卫生部
Good Lord, an actual job? As in every day?
天啊 一份真正的工作? 每天都要去?
Hello. Mew was just telling me about her adventures in the world of work.
早啊 Mew正在跟我说她的职场风云呢
You must be pleased.
你一定很高兴吧
I'll see you tonight.
晚上见
Don't be late, there's still plenty to do round here.
别太晚 这里还有很多事要忙
-She had to spread her wings at some point. -I know.
-她总有一天会有自己的生活 -我知道
So, to what do we owe the pleasure, Milady?
女士有何贵干啊?
Well, I actually came to say thank you for talking me into going to London.
我是来跟你道谢的 谢谢你说服我去伦敦
-It was good for me. -I'm glad.
-对我来说是好似 -我很高兴你这么想
Which is why I've come to offer my services for the appeal,
因此我希望能在听证会上帮助你
Really? In front of everybody?
真的? 大庭广众之下?
Why not? It makes perfect sense.
为什么不行呢? 这其实很合逻辑
I'm your next-door neighbour.
我是你的隔壁邻居
If I don't mind what you're doing, why should they?
如果连我不在意你做什么 他们凭什么管?
You see? Why can't everybody think like you?
你看 为什么别人不能像你这么想?
I should probably go.
我该走了
Good morning, Lady Katherine!
早上好 Katherine小姐
Morning, Archie.
早上好 Archie
You want to watch out, they dock your pay if you're late.
你得小心 迟到会被扣工资的
It won't happen again.
不会再发生了
Can you smell something?
你闻到什么味道了吗?
What did Katherine want?
Katherine来干什么?
She's offered to speak on our behalf.
她愿意当我们的证人
Look, it's not exactly like we've got a long list of witnesses, you know.
你知道的 没几个人愿意做我们的证人
-She's been a good friend to us. -To us or to you?
-她是我们的好朋友 -我们的朋友还是你的?
Look, if you've got any better suggestions, then please...
如果你有更好的建议的话 请直言...
Well, what about Mr Fenchwood?
Fenchwood先生怎么样?
Wonderful. Maybe he can tell us
很好 也许他能告诉我们
how many mortgage payments we've been late for.
我们迟付了多少房贷
Well, if you could swallow your pride, there is someone.
如果你不是那么傲慢 总会有人愿意帮你的
Mr Mottershead is here.
Mottershead先生来了
I'm not going to beat around the bush.
我就不拐弯抹角了
I know you signed that petition.
我知道你签了请愿书
It's a shame, because I thought you understood
很遗憾 我以为你会明白
what we're trying to build better than most.
我们在做的事业是有多么大的意义
Then help me, please.
那请你帮帮我
Be a character witness at the appeal.
在听证会上做我们的证人
My family risks losing everything. You do you know that?
我们家会失去一切 你知道的吧?
-What about us? -Polly...
-那我们呢? -Polly...
No, it needs saying.
不 我必须要说
If people don't trust us, then how on earth can we do our jobs?
如果没人信任我们 那我们要靠什么生活?
You're not the only ones with something to lose.
不是只有你一个人为难
Look, darling, why don't you leave us alone for a moment?
亲爱的 能让我们单独谈吗?
She's right, it would be difficult for us if I spoke up in support.
她说的对 如果我公开支持你们 对我们来说也很为难
It would be even more difficult, wouldn't it,
如果大家知道你偷偷的给熊看病的话
if the people knew you'd treated the bears unofficially?
对你的名声更不好吧?
Aaron Webb tried a similar tactic on me, you know.
Aaron Webb也对我用了类似的手段
You two are more alike than you realise.
你们两个比你想象的要相似
Look, tell people what you like about me,
你跟别人怎么说我都行
and if I'm called by either side, I'll answer truthfully.
如果任何一方叫我出庭 我都会如实回答
But I won't play character witness for a man, any man,
但我不会为任何企图通过威胁我
who would threaten me to get his own way.
而达到目的的人出庭作证
Dad's still planning on having elephants and lions, tigers too.
爸爸还想添加大象和狮子 还有老虎
I'm not really supposed to say it, but...
我不该告诉你的 但是...
It's all right. I won't tell anyone, promise.
没关系 我保证不会告诉任何人
So, where's Mortimer?
Mortimer在哪?
I taught him hide-and-seek last week. He loves it.
我上星期教会他捉迷藏了 他可喜欢了
What are you doing snooping around?! Give me them!
你偷偷摸摸在干什么? 拿来!