I think one of the most emotional moments of my life
我认为我一生中最激动的时刻之一
was the night that I was initiated into the Klan.
是在我加入3K党的那个晚上
I was led into the Klavern hall, which was dark.
我被带进了黑暗的克莱文大厅
The only light that I could see
我眼中唯一的那束光
was a fiery cross.
来自一个火红的十字架
And that... put me through the ceremony.
并藉此让我撑过了整个仪式
Purified me with water.
从水中洗礼而出
Laid his hand on my shoulder, says,
我被双手触肩 只听见
"You're part of the Invisible Empire,
你是隐形帝国
United Klans of America."
美利坚3K合众党的一份子了
And there was a tremendous applause throughout the auditorium.
之后礼堂中便响起了热烈的掌声
And I came up off the floor really in tears.
我眼含泪水从地上站了起来
Because that's what I'd been looking for all my life.
因为这是我一生都在寻求的
An opportunity to be heard,
一个被倾听的机会
an opportunity to be something.
一个有所为的机会
I first told him, "Hell no!"
我起初告诉他 绝不
I would never, ever.
除了把他干掉之外
But kill him, that's all I want.
我别无他求
That was on my heart to kill him.
我是一心要把他干掉
This is the kind of reputation that I have in Durham.
这就是我在德罕一带的名声
I'm not bragging about it, but it is the truth.
我不是在吹牛 这就是事实
You can call Durham,
你可以打电话问德罕的人们
and they will tell you.
他们会告诉你的
Uh, no, I will not take no for an answer.
不 我不允许别人反驳我
I have to have the word "yes."
我一定要得到一致的同意
Because all of our blood,
因为我们所有人身体里
when it comes out, is the same color.
流着的都是相同颜色的血
I haven't seen any blood different yet
我还没有看到过有谁的血
than the color of mine.
与我的血颜色不同
And I'm sayin' whatever you believe in... I keep sayin' it...
我是说无论你信仰什么 我一直在说
stand on it, baby, stand on it.
坚持住 宝贝 坚持住
Equal housing now! Equal housing now!
住房要平等 住房要平等
They call this Magic City, Mr. Atkins.
他们把这称作魔力之城 阿特金斯先生
Ain't no magic here.
但这里可没有魔法
Abe Greenfeld ain't nothin'
亚伯·格林菲尔德就是一个
but a vile slumlord.
卑鄙的烂房东
You know it, and I know it.
你我心知肚明
And the black people of East Durham
并且东德罕的黑人
have the same rights as anybody else.
拥有与其他任何人相同的权利
This girl, Mr. Atkins,
这个女孩 阿特金斯先生
this young lady is a single mother of three children.
这位年轻的女士是三个孩子的单亲妈妈
And she wake up this morning to an eviction notice.
今天早上她醒来时接到了驱逐令
But there's no hot water.
但是那儿断了热水供应
What, baby, for two weeks?
多久了 宝贝 两个星期对吗
Two weeks, and you say, what?
两个星期了 并且你还说过
No toilet. And that ain't no way for no human to live.
没有厕所 这根本不是人住的地方
we done writin' letters here.
我们已经书面投诉得够多了
We want to be heard before tomorrow night's ruling.
我们希望在明晚的裁决前得到答复
Miss Atwater, you know our agenda is tight,
阿特沃特小姐 你知道我们的日程很紧
and we simply cannot allot time to everybody
我们不能给每个想发言的人
that wants to speak.
都安排时间
Now thank you. Show yourselves out.
现在 谢谢你们 请你们出去吧
Mr. Tucker, to what do I owe this pleasure?
塔克先生 是什么风把您给吹来了
And a mighty fine afternoon to you, too.
也祝您有个十分极其美妙的下午
Now you listen to me, Councilman!
现在你听我说 议员
And you too, Mr. Tucker!
你也是 塔克先生
We ain't goin' nowhere
除非我们能得到确切答复
until we get down to the brass tacks.
否则我们哪儿也不去
You understand me?
你们明白我的意思吗
Everything all right here, Bill?
一切都还好吗 比尔
now we have been sitting here for over half an hour.
我们已经在这儿坐了半个多小时了
- The councilman ain't done nothin' but... - Ann.
-议员就只在那儿 -安
Ann. We're gonna give you your chance to speak tomorrow night.
安 明晚我们会给你们机会发言的
Samuel Grace. Ayes?
塞缪尔·格蕾丝 谁赞成
Okay, then. Fred Eggert,
好了 那么 暂定弗雷德·艾格特
and Samuel Grace are tentatively approved as
和塞缪尔·格蕾丝为美利坚3K合众党
new citizens of North Carolina Unit Nine of the Invisible Empire,
北卡罗莱纳州隐形帝国第九分部
United Klans of America.
的新成员
Kligraph is directed to certify the petitions
克里格夫负责审查申请书
and prepare the oaths for ceremony.
和准备宣誓仪式
Roy, next week should be fine.
罗伊 定到下周就可以了
Final item. Combat and firearms training
最后一项 战斗与枪械训练
resumes this Saturday from noon to 4:00
于本周六中午12点到下午4点
under the supervision of second officer Floyd Kelly.
在副官弗洛伊德·凯利的监督下继续进行
And I'll remind the Youth Corps members that
并且我要提醒青年团的团员
this training is mandatory.
这次训练所有人都必须参加
Y'all hear me? I'm talkin' to you.
你们都听见了吗 我在跟你们说呢
Let's bow our heads.
让我们低下头吧
give us strong minds, great hearts,
请赐予我们坚定的意志 宽广的内心
true faith, and ready hands.
忠诚的信仰 以及勤劳的双手
Keep us unfettered from the world
让我们脱离世界之束缚
that we might fight the good fight
为种族正义而战
and be worthy to claim the prize.
赢得那无上的荣光
May we as brethren and Klansmen
愿我们作为兄弟和3K党员
be steadfast and unremovable.
坚定不移
As we go hence from this Klavern
当我们从克莱文大厅出发
into the struggle of the alien world,
进入外部世界的斗争时